New Westminster is that rare urban centre in the heart of a larger metropolitan area which still maintains its small-town camaraderie. As the new CEO of the New Westminster Chamber of Commerce, you will have an opportunity to have a profound and lasting impact on the business community in the city by building lasting relationships, creating excitement and putting on fantastic events for our members.
1. Do you have the desire to grow business connections in New Westminster?
2. Can you confidently engage with the local community, a diverse group of stakeholders and various media outlets?
3. Can you plan events, ensuring they are enjoyable and provide tangible value to attendees?
4. Are you able to develop and maintain relationships with business and community leaders?
5. Could you see yourself as a community activator and have a desire to help others succeed?
6. Does working a flexible work schedule appeal to you?
7. Do you have previous leadership experience in non-profit associations, either as a professional or a volunteer?
8. Do you have the ability to prioritize competing priorities?
9. Are you a self starter, who can collect, report and manage resources and data efficiently?
10. Do you have the ability to hire, train and manage staff and employees?
11. Are you a great communicator, with excellent written and verbal skills?
12. Do you have an interest in public policy, advocacy and governance?
13. Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit or are business minded?
14. Do you have experience and the capability to manage finances?
15. What was the best job you’ve ever had and why did you enjoy it so much?
If you answered YES, to the top 14 questions we want to hear from you!
New Westminster is undergoing unprecedented growth and demographic change, this includes businesses. The NWCC is primed to take a big step forward, engaging local businesses and advocating for their needs in a fast evolving market. We are looking for a leader who is excited to embrace this opportunity and has the determination and skills to see it through.
Must have solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office, be able to adapt to new software programs, and the desire to streamline processes for efficiency and effectiveness
Our Vision: To be the most sought-after business community where we all thrive.
Our Mission: To inspire, connect and support the business community of New Westminster to reach its full potential.
Compensation: Competitive salary with benefits package and flexible work arrangements.
(Electronic applications only) Email your cover letter and resume in confidence to: email@example.com with subject line “CEO, New Westminster”. Please ensure to include your salary expectations and your answer to question 15 above in the cover letter.
While we appreciate all applications, we are only able to respond to shortlisted candidates.Closing Date of Posting: January 17, 2020