Presented by Fortis
Come find out the Future of the New West Chamber and hear insights from Fortis
To all Members of the New Westminster Chamber of Commerce: RE: NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING This is to notify you that the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the New Westminster Chamber of Commerce (Chamber) will be held in New Westminster, BC location Rivers Reach Pub, 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm on June 13 2018 for the following purposes:
- To adopt the minutes of the AGM held on May 31 2017 in New Westminster, BC
- To present and approve the financial statements of the New Westminster Chamber of Commerce for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2017.
- To review the activities of 2017
- To swear in the new Board of Directors
The Annual General Meeting is open to the public; however, only members in good standing will be eligible to vote. DATED AT NEW WESTMINSTER, BC THIS 18TH DAY OF January, 2018
This free event will include a presentation by Fortis with Appetizers and Beer, Wine, Coffee, Tea and non Alcoholic Beverages will be served
SPECIAL RESOLUTION OF THE NEW WESTMINSTER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE to approve changes to its Bylaws and Constitution
For Member discussion and ratification at the New Westminster Chamber of Commerce Annual General Meeting June 13, 2018.
A. The New Westminster Chamber of Commerce is currently registered and regulated under the Federal Boards of Trade Act (BOTA); and
B. The Chamber wishes to amend its by-laws (constitution) to ensure compliance with BOTA and ensure best governance practices.
RESOLVED AS A SPECIAL RESOLUTION THAT:
- The Chamber file under the Boards of Trade Act the constitution and bylaws adopted below.
2. Effective upon successful review for compliance with the Boards of Trade Act, the current bylaws of the Chamber be deleted in their entirety and that the form of bylaws posted on the Chamber website here and available for viewing in hard copy at the Chamber’s address, be adopted as the bylaws of the Chamber in substitution therefor with changes to terms of office of Directors and terms to become effective for the 2019 Annual General Meeting of the Society.
3. The Chamber is, and the agents of the Chamber are, hereby authorized and directed for and on behalf of the Chamber to execute and deliver the by-laws and all such documents and instruments and to do all such other acts and things as in his or her opinion may be necessary or desirable to give full effect to the above resolution including the filing of the bylaws and the constitution alteration application under the Boards of Trade Act in the requisite format, together with any amendments thereto as any Director or the CEO may deem appropriate or as they may be advised by counsel.